As the year draws to a close, keep the countdown going to your greatest skin ever. Wherever you are on your journey to great skin, it’s important to stay focused on small, daily skincare changes that can add up to big results.
‘Tis the season to celebrate your unique journey to great skin, so we created a skincare checklist to keep you looking your best through the holidays and into the New Year:
1) To give your skin a fresh start in 2016 and ensure the best results from your Regimen, start by tossing out old products. The ingredients that make your clinical skincare most effective work best when they’re fresh, so it’s out with the old, in with the new.
2) Exfoliate regularly—but no more than two to three times a week. Sloughing off dead skin cells helps your skin renew itself and radiate a natural glow for the New Year.
3) Stop picking at and touching your skin—this habit further irritates your skin.
4) Step up the emollient power of your daily moisturizer now that winter’s harsh weather is underway. Opt for a day formula that contains broad spectrum sunscreen, like REDEFINE Triple Defense Treatment SPF 30, and a night formula such as REDEFINE Overnight Restorative Cream.
5) Sanitize your phone every day—it’s a magnet for microbes that can cause breakouts on your face.
6) Don’t let overcast winter days fool you into thinking you can skip the sunscreen. Shield your skin from the sun’s damaging rays by applying UVA/UVB protection daily—rain or shine, year round—and protect your eyes with sunglasses.
7) Keep the cold, dry weather from ravaging lips with ESSENTIALS Lip Shield SPF 25 with UVA/UVB protection for day and REDEFINE Lip Renewing Serum, power-packed with peptides and antioxidants, for night. Now through Dec. 28, when you buy Lip Shield, Lip Renewing Serum and ENHANCEMENTS Lip Micro-Dermabrasion, you receive 25 percent off.
8) Give winter-weary hands the extra care they require with a protective, hydrating hand cream and sunscreen duo, like REDEFINE Hand Treatment Regimen to visibly reduce the appearance of brown spots and wrinkles while offering SPF 30 protection.
9) Resist the temptation to drink to every holiday toast, and keep alcoholic beverages to a minimum—no more than one a day. In addition to causing flushed skin, alcohol disrupts your sleep cycle, dehydrates skin and destroys your body’s supply of Vitamin A, weakening skin’s ability to fight off damage by free radicals.
10) Though a steamy bath or hot shower may be enticing in cold winter months, hot water actually inflames the surface of your skin and strips its natural oils, which protect against the elements and aid in moisturization.
Circle back all month long for skincare tips to share and great advice on keeping your skin’s healthy, youthful glow through the holiday season and beyond.
Your Derm RF Support Team