No matter where you are on your journey to a more confident, younger-looking you, it’s easy to get discouraged by daily challenges or setbacks. According to a study published in the Journal of Behavior Therapy and Experimental Psychiatry, a great way to stay positive is to keep your chin up…literally. Research shows that the brain associates postures with emotions, so slumping can actually lead to discontentment, while sitting up straight or walking tall amps up your attitude.
Give your mood and your self-image a boost with these easy, natural pick-me-ups:
- Make a big decision (and stick to it). Being decisive can make you feel stronger and more capable.
- Smile to lift your spirits. Studies show that the act of smiling can actually slow heart rate and decrease perceived levels of stress.
- Accept compliments readily.
- Walk with confidence and make eye contact. Great skincare can help improve your self-image. Clear an acne-prone complexion with UNBLEMISH Regimen, and create firmer-looking, smoother skin by pairing the AMP MD™ Micro-Exfoliating Roller with REDEFINE Regimen for enhanced anti-aging results.
- Take a walk or hit the gym for an instant mood booster.
- Focus on the positive—write down tasks accomplished or things you’ve mastered.
- Avoid comparing yourself to others and feeling jealous. If you catch your mood plunging after binging on social media, remember to step back and give your emotions a reality check: Most people only share their happiest, proudest moments publicly, even though they may be facing private challenges.
- Stop procrastinating—Decide Today How Tomorrow Looks™.
Comment below with your tips for staying poised and thinking positive when things get tough.