Eyelashes (just like your skin) are prone to life’s ups and downs. Whether you opt for heavy mascara or an au naturale lash look, it pays to know the full story behind your fringe–that way you can prep for a lifetime of lush, healthy-looking lashes.
Here are a few things all of our eyelashes have in common:
- Your eyelashes work hard every day. Eyelashes demand their fair share of attention—but did you know they also serve an important biological function? It’s true: Those beautiful lashes also protect your peepers from dust, debris, wind and sunlight, in addition to triggering the blink reflex.
- You are born with a certain number of eyelash follicles (openings in skin through which lashes grow). And, as hard as you might wish on it, this number will not increase during your lifetime.
- People typically have around 100 eyelashes on the upper eyelid and half as many on the lower lid. But who’s really counting? Remember, it’s not how many you have, it’s what you do with them!
- Eyelashes are continuously going through stages of growth, resting, shedding, and re-growth. The entire cycle can take anywhere from 5 to 11 months—a good reason not to take your lovely lashes for granted, or risk losing them by rubbing your eyes too hard.
- Eyelashes do thin as we age. If your lashes don’t seem as long or as full as they were in, say, your teens or early twenties, you aren’t imagining it. This is the reason so many people use lash serums like Xlash! The appearance of our eyelashes not only changes the older we get (sigh), but eyelash follicles can actually stop producing new lashes.
Now you’ve got the facts, that’s no reason to fret. Set yourself up for the ultimate lash look at any age with R+F Lash Boost. This proprietary formula with Biotin and Keratin deposits an infusion of protein to dramatically improve the look of lashes while protecting them against future damage from everyday beauty routines that pull and tug. The result? Lush, longer-looking lashes that are 100% real and 100% yours.
For most of us, primping eyes comes last in our daily beauty routine—but maybe it’s about time we put them first. After all, a lot can happen in the blink of an eye—so why not make the most of every wink and flutter?
COMMENT below with your favorite tips for “lashing out.”