For many people, the New Year brings a new list of strict resolutions — ones that get broken almost as quickly as they’re made. This year, why not devote yourself to resolutions that you’ll actually love to keep? Below are 9 of our favorite New Year’s resolutions that are great for promoting healthy-looking skin, reducing stress, and making life more enjoyable in general – and none of them have a timeline or a targeted goal you can miss.
1.Get more massages. Bodywork can help reduce skin-altering stress and headaches, improve athletic performance and reduce facial swelling via lymphatic drainage. Bonus: They feel really, really good!
2. Take more naps. For many of us, getting eight hours of sleep each night is nothing but a dream, and sleep is crucial to cell repair. Even a 20-minute nap can boost your mood, level of alertness and performance. And if you’re tired of tired-looking eyes, Active Hydration Bright Eye Complex can help.
3. Be kinder to my skin. Your skin is the first thing people see, and it’s never too late to start or build upon a skincare routine. Our Regimens for every skin type are the perfect place to begin. And if you’re ready to take your Regimen to the next level, add an ENHANCEMENTS.
4.Keep more fresh flowers in the house. Whether it’s a single stem in a bud vase or a pitcher bursting with fragrant blooms, being surrounded by flowers is said to improve your mood, stimulate creativity and provide aromatherapy benefits – all great ways to help manage stress that can affect the condition of your skin.
5. Make more ME time. Between work, family and social commitments, it’s easy to forget about yourself. Balance things out by scheduling more “me” time solely devoted to doing things you enjoy, whether it’s reading a book or getting a mani-pedi.
6. Spend more time outside. It’s called the great outdoors for a reason: Being outside does everything from increase Vitamin D levels to improve concentration to elevate your mood. Wear sunscreen to help prevent the visible signs of aging — and remember to reapply every two hours.
7. Hydrate more often. Cold winter air dries out your skin, as does transitioning to indoor heat. Hydrate from the inside out all year long by indulging in lots of fluids — water is the best option but others still count. And hydrate, hydrate, hydrate your skin! Active Hydration Serum instantly raises your skin’s hydration level 200%*and can be added to any Regimen.
8. Spend more time with my favorite people. Besides being fun, hanging out with friends and family can be good for your health. Feeling positive emotions can lower stress and boost your immune system — proving that laughter really is the best medicine.
9. Eat more dark chocolate. Studies have shown that antioxidant-rich dark chocolate (in moderation) has a host of health benefits, ranging from lowering blood pressure and risk of stroke to destroying free radicals and boosting the immune system. And did we mention it’s delicious?
Have other ideas? Share them with us in the comments.
*Based on an 8-day US clinical study