And that’s a wrap on 2018…well, almost! It’s always nice to start a new year with a clean slate — not to mention clean skin! — so here are 10 things we’ll be doing before ringing in 2019 with a bang. Join us, or use these ideas as inspiration when creating your own list of to-dos to accomplish before the clock strikes midnight.
- Toss all expired makeup, sunscreen and skincare. If a product is past its prime, it’s time to replace it.
- Take down and store your holiday decorations. Once the New Year rolls around, they’re the last thing you’ll want to see.
- Send thank-you notes to people who gave you holiday gifts. There’s no time like the present to express appreciation for your presents.
- Exfoliate your face and body. Out with the old (dead skin cells) and in with the new (younger, vibrant cells)!
- Treat yourself to a pedicure. Starting the New Year on the right foot is easier when your toes are in tip-top shape.
- Go through all your clothes and shoes and donate anything you haven’t worn in the past year. If it’s been that long since you’ve worn something, you’re not going to miss it.
- Take a look at your skin and assess its current state. Could you use more hydration? Are you seeing signs of aging? Now is the time to add a new product to your routine and make sure you are fully stocked on all the products you need.
- Write down your personal and professional goals for the year, both big and small. Cross them off as you achieve them, add more as the year goes on, then look back at the list at the end 2019 — you’ll be impressed by all you’ve accomplished!
- Clean out your email inbox, delete unneeded files on your computer and remove apps from your phone that you no longer use. The more clutter you eliminate, the easier your tech will be to navigate.
- Take a restorative yoga or meditation class, or get a massage, to help you de-stress from the holiday chaos. It helps to start the year in a Zen-like state — or somewhere close to it!
How will you be prepping for the New Year? Leave a comment and let us know.